Primary Purpose of Position:
Apply technical blue print reading skills, industry knowledge of Storefront and Curtainwall, industry knowledge of composite and single skin paneling systems to lead team consisting of Project Coordinators and Project Engineers with generating quality shop drawings for submittal.
- Lead your team and approach every aspect of your project holistically through its progressive design/submittal life cycle till fabrication
- Follow project setup properly to accommodate TEAM concept.
- 000 – General
- 100 – Floorplan
- 150 – Building Elevations
- 200 – Enlarged Elevations
- 300 – Plan Details
- 400 – Section Details
- 500 – Anchor details
- 600 – Part Sheets
- Verify with Technical Project Engineering Manager and give team direction in use of curtain wall, storefront and panel system.
- Identify A-typical conditions, give TEAM direction and create details.
- Research solutions with management, shop, and field.
- Initiate and Facilitate fabrication of all prototypes used to address all A-typical conditions of project.
- Ensure all Progress sets of project are generated and placed in proper folder every Friday.
- Conduct Project Progress meetings weekly with team. 15 – 30 min / project
- Ensure all XREFs are inserted in proper locations for correct continuity.
- Ensure all drawings / XREFs / blocks are correctly configured with SOP entities, i.e. layers, colors, dimensions, etc.
- Ensure all PartnerPak parts and MTOs are developed and maintained regularly to coincide with Shop Drawings throughout the project’s life cycle during the design/submittal/MTO phase up to the fabrication phase. (This will ensure a more seamless integration of the project through both the ordering of materials and the fabrication processes)
- Ensure the proper use of the Composite Panel Builder software for all Panel scopes throughout the life cycle of the project from design/submittal/MTO phase up to the fabrication phase. (This will ensure a seamless integration of the project through both the ordering of materials and the fabrication process)
- Initiate any scanning requirements of project(s) with the Technical Engineering Manager that may arise during the design phase.
- Promptly generate and send all engineering/design related RFIs to PM for submittal to GC/Arch.
- Initiate and help develop new best practices within a team format.
- Attends periodic staff meetings and training sessions;
- Complies with dress code, proper paperwork procedures, prompt follow-up communications and departmental policies.
Requirements Competencies and Qualifications:
- Professional Engineering license (MA required, NH a plus)
- Strong proficiency with AutoCAD required
- The ability to constantly multi-task and handle competing priorities between Middlesex business needs, organizational issues, and maintain sound customer relations while providing outstanding customer service necessary.
- A strong sense of urgency and initiative with a can-do attitude a must
- Be team a player with the ability to be diplomatic, take direction, give direction, work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Flexibility to shift work priorities and adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Accommodate operational and business needs as needed.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to utilizing new software(s) and procedures as MGC continue to grow and evolve.
- Must be able to lift at least twenty-five (25) pounds;
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time;
- Must be able to use computer and phone on a daily basis.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
Interested? Please share your resume with us by filling out the application below!