The Director of Business Development is a key company leader that helps sets the company direction. The Director of Business Development is responsible for directing BD initiatives that are consistent with company strategy and will generate revenue and develop/maintain strategic business partnerships. This position will be responsible for growing and building the BD and sales team.
- Plan, lead, and manage activities related to the identification, pursuit, and closing of commercial sales opportunities for Middlesex Glass
- Conduct account planning and performance monitoring directly related to MGC’s performance winning jobs with specific clients as well as bid follow-ups
- Formulate Business Development strategies in conjunction with Vice President and leadership team
- Work with Vice President, Pre-Construction and Estimating to develop new projects with architects, owners, etc.
- Identify and generate prospects through marketing strategies that focus on potential customers in target markets
- Track industry trends and updates to stay up-to-date on upcoming bids, projects, and potential business
- Use market knowledge and skillset to identify and develop MGC’s unique value proposition to win business
- Generate qualified leads via existing relationships, cold calling, face-to-face meetings, property visits, and other networking opportunities
- Represent MGC at networking events and meetings to promote the company’s services
- Develop and present relevant business proposals
- Work with Marketing and Human Resources departments to develop presentations for existing and potential clients,
- Develop and maintain relationships with current partnerships and actively network and establish relationships with prospective clients
- Develop sales forecasts with probability percentages and pipeline status updates
- Develop and present proposals that speak to clients needs, concerns, and objectives while maintaining company profitability
- Assess wins and losses to impact future selling strategies
- Maintain a strong network and maintain ongoing client relationships after project start-up
- Attend networking and company events as needed
- Collaborate with Leadership, Field Operations, and Manufacturing team to evaluate operational issues to determine how competitive Middlesex is and keep up with current industry trends
- Attend periodic staff meetings and training sessions as needed
- Comply with dress code, proper paperwork procedures, prompt follow-up communications, and departmental policies
- Work a remote/hybrid schedule focused mainly on the road, outside of the office. In-office requirements include attending weekly Wednesday meetings and in-person bid-reviews on an as-needed basis.
- 10+ years’ experience in Business Development, preferably within the construction industry
- Excellent targeting and prospecting skills
- Existing network within the construction industry preferred
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Proven success winning business and building company portfolio
- Proficiency with MS Office and contact management software
- Excellent presentation and sales skills
Interested? Please share your resume with us by filling out the application below!